The ARLPC Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory assists the livestock and poultry industries, private veterinarians, and animal owners of Arkansas by diagnosing and monitoring animal diseases that can
- Affect humans
- Reduce the productivity or marketability of animals
- Threaten animal populations
- Affect the safety or quality of animal products
The laboratory also participates in federal cooperative disease programs and works with other state agencies to provide veterinary diagnostic testing, disease surveillance, animal health monitoring, drug testing, collaborative research, and animal health education.
The ARLPC Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory is the only lab in Arkansas that is accredited by the American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians. The AAVLD establishes acceptable criteria for quality assurance, safety, personnel qualifications, and laboratory facilities.
As an AAVLD-accredited laboratory, we spend a great deal of time in doing proficiency testing on unknown samples for the federal lab (NVSL), Veterinary Labs of America (VLA) and sometimes other sources. Most of these tests are done annually. The VLA samples give us wide-spread testing, mostly small animal diseases with serology, bacteriology, biopsy, and clinical pathology tests. We also have methodology and proficiency testing for avian influenza and other foreign animal diseases, such as Exotic Newcastle Disease, Classic Swine Fever, and Foot and Mouth Disease. Other proficiencies include heavy metal assays, Leptospirosis serology and more bacteriology. Those tests that have no outside formal proficiency test being offered, we test with positive and negative controls.
WebSuite is a method of accessing your test results and invoices directly from your computer. You will be able to retrieve results as soon as our lab personnel enter them into the system.
These are the benefits to you:
- Faster access to your test results. You won’t have to wait until a report is generated and sent to you.
- Greater reliability. No more delayed reports because of problems with email or fax machines.
- Greater flexibility. You can get your results anytime, even when the lab or your clinic is closed.
- Ability to track the progress of your submissions. No more calling the lab to check if your tests are completed.
- Ability to see when samples arrived at our lab. No more calling the lab to check if we received your samples.
Sign up now! Simply call the lab office at 501-907-2430. It takes just minutes to receive your login information.
Veterinarians may set up an account to charge laboratory services. Accounts that are greater than 90 days overdue will result in suspension of laboratory services until the invoice is paid.
Fees for submissions directly from animal owners must be paid in full before testing is performed. Payment may be made with cash or check (no credit or debit cards).
Accounting questions should be directed to Candace Jones at 501-907-2400.